Barry E. LewinAttorney
- Email Us
Mr. Lewin has been a trial lawyer for almost 35 years. He started trying cases in 1980 and has been doing so ever since. His cases have taken him to the Arizona Court of Appeals, the Arizona Supreme Court, and the Trial Courts of various counties in Arizona.
Mr. Lewin has participated in mediations which give him some insight into the things that work and things that do not. Most cases are settled before trial and negotiating skills are as important as anything else in a lawyer’s skill set.
Mr. Lewin represents his clients with intensity, while remaining professional, courteous, and dignified with opposing counsel.
Mr. Lewin has an “A/V” rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An “A/V” rating is the highest rating for a lawyer’s legal ability and ethical behavior. The ratings are based on evaluations from judges and other counsel who practice against the lawyer receiving the rating. Mr. Lewin has received the “A/V” rating while working for both the plaintiffs and defendants.
It is unusual for an attorney to have worked extensively as a plaintiff’s counsel and as a defendant’s counsel in civil disputes. This perspective serves the clients of Mr. Lewin well as it has allowed him to have insight into the strategy of opposing counsel which lets Mr. Lewin anticipate and prevent problems which might otherwise surface.
For several years, Mr. Lewin was appointed to be a Judge Pro Tempore by the Judges of Maricopa County Superior Court. He again gained insights which benefit his clients. This was a hands on education about what is important to a Judge and what is not appreciated. The time spent as a court appointed Judge Pro Tempore compliments the hundreds of settlements Mr. Lewin has obtained for clients on both sides of cases. It also allowed him to mediate and settle numerous cases without trial
Throughout Mr. Lewin’s career, he has taught trial practice, evidence, and legal medicine to lawyers, paralegals and nurse consultants. He has given presentations, demonstrations, and lectures to Madison Meadows Middle School, Goldwater High School, Phoenix BioSience High School, and the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. He has also taught advanced deposition techniques as a faculty member of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. For the last several years, Mr. Lewin has served as a faculty member for the State Bar of Arizona Trial College. In an argument to the Arizona Supreme Court, Mr. Lewin argued in the Great Hall at the Arizona State University College of Law. His case was used as the law school moot court problem that year.
The breadth and balance of these experiences benefit the clients of Mr. Lewin. He is not afraid to go to court if he is unable to obtain what a client feels is a fair and just compensation by settlement. Opponents know he will go to trial to obtain fair compensation for his clients. They know he will fight for his clients with intensity, commitment and passion.
As a client of the Law Office of Barry E. Lewin, you can be certain he will do his best to achieve a result you are satisfied with.
- B.A. Cum Laude Occidental College – 1976
- Arizona Law Review – 1976/1977
- J.D. with Distinction University of Arizona College of Law – 1979
- Law Clerk for the Arizona Court of Appeals – 1979/1980
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Arizona Association for Justice (formerly Arizona Trial Lawyers Association)
- State Bar of Arizona Certified Specialists in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, Founding Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers
- Southwest Super Lawyers
- Most Honored Professionals in America
Presenter and/or Guest Lecturer:
- The Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- The Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- The National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- The Arizona State Bar Trial College
- Faculty Advisor, Barry Goldwater High School Mock Trial Program
- Arizona State University College of Law Program on Pre Trial Motions
- Arizona State University College of Law Discussion with First Year Class About Day to Day Life as an Attorney
- The Board of Directors of Mesa Unified School District (Client)
- The Board of Directors of Banner Health
- University Medical Center Risk Management
Board of Directors of Arizona Community Legal Services Board of Directors of C.I.T.T. (Children Improve Through Therapy) Institutional Review Board, Scottsdale North Hospital Judge Pro Tempore, Maricopa County Superior Founder of Cards for Kids. An organization which donated several hundred thousand sports cards to doctors, hospitals, schools, teachers, afterschool programs and even a couple of law enforcement groups who work with kids.