Wrongful Death Attorney Helps Phoenix Families in Their Time of Need
Arizona personal injury attorney gets justice for those killed in accidents
There are few things in life harder than losing a loved one in an accident. Your whole life can be turned upside-down in one phone call. When your family suffers a sudden loss, our goal is to do everything we can to bring you peace of mind. The Law Office of Barry E. Lewin provides grieving families with highly responsive service and personalized attention. With more than three decades of litigation experience, Barry E. Lewin is an established Phoenix attorney who has helped countless families get justice.
Providing skilled legal representation in wrongful death cases
Sadly, many deaths are preventable. Behind many tragic accidents are the negligent or careless actions of a person or business. If an accident or injury has claimed the life of a loved one, we work diligently to figure out what happened and who can be held responsible. Our firm has successfully represented people and families hurt in many ways, including:
- Auto, bus and motorcycle accidents
- Truck wrecks
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries
- Dangerous and defective products
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
Unfortunately, fatal accidents happen every day. When they do, your family needs an attorney with the experience and knowledge to get justice for your loss. Attorney Barry E. Lewin has courtroom experience you can rely on.
What types of damages can be awarded in Arizona wrongful death cases?
Arizona allows wrongful death suits to be filed in cases where the deceased party could have brought a personal injury claim had they survived. These suits can be filed by most surviving family members. There are two types of damages that can be awarded under state law.
- Damages paid to the estate: The law allows the deceased person’s estate to recover costs for medical expenses, property damage, reasonable funeral and burial expenses, and lost wages that the deceased person could have been expected to earn in his or her lifetime. Pain and suffering damages can be awarded to the estate as compensation for the pain the deceased person suffered in an accident.
- Damages paid to family members: Individual family members may have their own claim for the pain and suffering of losing a loved one. Additionally, a court may award compensation for the loss of companionship or care that a loved one provided. In some cases, the damages may be awarded to cover the cost of household services that used to be performed by the deceased.
Phoenix wrongful death cases must be filed within two years. It is important that you speak to a qualified attorney right away. We help families like yours get the compensation you deserve.
Call an attorney with real-world experience to help you get justice
Nothing will ever replace your lost family member — however, many families find some comfort in knowing that the person responsible for their loved one’s death is facing justice. The Law Office of Barry E. Lewin has been holding negligent drivers, companies and doctors liable for the damage they cause for more than 30 years. If you want an attorney who you can trust to handle your case with attention and care, contact our firm online today or call 602-325-1141 now to schedule a no-cost consultation.